April 6, 2012
Categories: Packing Tips
- Keep the following supplies handy for packing: boxes, marking pen, bubble wrap, newspaper and tissue, tape and scissors, tape measure.
- Label each box with the room the box contents belong in.
- Write “Open First” on cartons containing essential items such as cooking utensils, toiletries, etc.
- Write “Fragile” on each side of a box which contains delicate items.
- Use large boxes for light items and smaller boxes for heavier items.
- For stacking purposes, try to keep your boxes in uniform sizes. Keep the heavy ones on the bottom and the light ones on top.
- Fill boxes to capacity because partially full or bulging boxes may tip or collapse.