April 6, 2012
Categories: Storage Tips
Tips for Packing Your Storage Unit
Here are a few helpful tips for packing your storage unit for the first time. Take your time and do it right to avoid issues later.
- Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation. Do not lean items against walls, leave air space around the unit’s perimeter to aid ventilation.
- Laying plastic sheeting on the floor and stacking boxes on top of wooden pallets can prevent condensation damage.
- Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them.
- Leave access space in front of your unit, and keep your frequently used items where you can easily reach them.
- Stacking uniform size boxes helps maximize your available space.
- Leave small walkways between the boxes and furniture in your storage unit so you can easily get to the items you want without having to move anything around